7 Days of vegan/carb free living. and I have to say I felt GREAT! I was sleeping better and I had more energy. The toughest day was by far Saturday. A good friend, lets call him ‘Archie’ texts me early in the morning, and tells me that hes coming to visit. So he spends the day drinking while I work. I was just watching the clock, I wanted to drink SOOOO bad with him. So I finished work at about 5:30, then at 6 on the nose I started drinking. And continued to drink.
Needless to say, Saturday night is somewhat fuzzy. I do remember having a Chimichanga at the Mexican bar in the next town, and talking to the band that was playing. Then its all hazy. *LESSON: If you want to get HAMMERED super easy, go on a week long cleanse* it was a fun night though, apparently I was really funny when I came back to the house.
My hangover was epic. I felt like a tree was growing out of my forehead. I went into work yesterday and wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. But I got through it, thankfully. Archie’s hangover was WAY worse, which made me happy not gonna lie. He still looked hot as hell though. My co-worker got his hands on my ultimate favourite hangover food, ‘BBQ Chicken Poutine’ and made me the happiest.
So to cap of my challenge/weekend hangover Im going to finish off with a few lessons I’ve learnt:
- Vegan food is actually SUPER delish
- I could if need be, live on dried mangos and cashews
- Being the sober one at a bar SUCKS!
- There is something awesome about doing a personal challenge
- Downing a friends beer between vodka 7’s will not usually end well
- Leeks arent as intimidating to cook with as I thought
- The only thing I really miss when on a vegan diet is Cheese
- Its SUPER easy to become a waste case when you havent drank in a week.
So the challenge was a sucess, now I have to find a new one.
Until next time.
– be a river with me