I will openly admit it, I love talk shows. I have my favotites that I hate to miss, but ‘real life’ usually gets in my way so I cant watch them as religiously as I would like to. In the past few years I have developed a love for Late Night talk shows, there a little raunchier then day-time and usually a little less fake. Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson have to be my favorites. I find those 2 guys HILARIOUS and the interviews usually dont suck.
I was watching Fallon last night and was super happy, the show’s in Indianapolis this week for the Superbowl (which I am super pumped about, I have a thing for the Patriots). They did the hilarious bit ‘Head Swap’ AND! TIM TEBOW was on!!!! Its well known that I have a HUGE crush on TimTebow (you have to say it as one word) so I was happy. The TimTebow interview was the inspiration for this post. It was AWESOME! Instead of me just rambling on for why it rocked Im just gonna toss a list out there:
- He wore a suit…a well fitting suit
- He said ‘Sir’ and Thank You a dozen times
- He was gracious about the redonk cheering for him
- He talked about how he was flattered that ‘Tebowing’ had become a thing
- He made a jab at Jimmy Fallon (he called the Te-Bowie performance “pitchy”)
- He told a super sweet story about “Teebowing while Chemo-ing” (youtube it)
- He just LOOKED GOOD
So those are my 7 reasons for why TimTebow rocked on Fallon. After the interview I got to thinking about other althletes who were awesome interviews, and who were really bad. Heres a list of my top athlete interviews:
- Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints (NFL)
- Sidney Crosby of the Pitsburg Penguins (NHL)
- Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees (MLB)
- Tim Thomas of the Boston Bruins (NHL)
- Lance Armstrong (Former Pro Cyclist)
- Wayne Gretzky (Hockey Legend)
- Tim Tebow of the Denver Broncos *as if Im not gonna say TimTebow*
I recomened YouTubing all of these guys, they are well spoken and represent there teams and their sports well. I will also say that I enjoy Todd Bertuzzi and Zedeno Chara press conferences, they make me smile.
until next time.
– be a river with me